Friday, October 9, 2015

Re: [IAC#RG] New Electricity Connection

Thanks for a detailed reply. I had actually read about this stay order on another discussion forum and it was clearly mentioned that it is collusion of Discoms and Delhi Govt.

On Sat, 10 Oct 2015 at 00:20 Sarbajit Roy <> wrote:
Dear Dr. Selhi

1) BSES is not covered under RTI at present because there is a STAY
ORDER from Delhi High Court in WP(C) 542,543, 544 of 2007. I am the
Respondent No.2 in this case. The DERC has filed an application asking
for expedited hearing to the CJ of DHC but that is even more time-pass
and delay.

2) You don't need RTI. As Adv. Sureshan says under Electricity Act
every DISCOM is obliged to provide new connection on demand. You can
escalate this matter to the CGRF and allege that local officer BSES is
demanding bribe from you. You can also report this to BSES Vigilance.
Your facts, if true, make this is a clear case of soliciting bribe.

3) After that we can go to DERC asking for BSES licence to be
cancelled. The burden of proof is on BSES to show that there is/was a
meter installed in your demarcated premises and for which you are

4) You are not obliged to give any undertaking whatsoever as they have demanded.

5) PS: The RTIs for most information available with DISCOMS can be
filed to PIO of Delhi Power Company Ltd. (which is the holding company
of GoNCTD's 49% share in DISCOMS) and must be asked for under section
2(f) of RTI Act r/w "Transfer scheme".

"1.     Public Information Officer      Sh. Kamal Kishore       DM(Corporate Service)
2.      First Appellate Authority       Sh. D.N. Sondhi         DGM(Fin.)


On 10/9/15, Harpal Singh Selhi <> wrote:
> Thanks for your reply. I have been looking up the website of BSES but could
> not find the name of PIO and procedure to file a RTI at BSES. I shall
> appreciate help on this account.
> With kind regards
> Harpal
> Dr Harpal Singh Selhi
> Professor
> Department of Orthopedic Surgery,
> DMC & Hospital, Ludhiana.
> Resi:
> 527-L, Model Town,
> Ludhiana-141002
> Punjab (INDIA)
> +91-9815022527
> On Fri, Oct 9, 2015 at 6:33 PM, Pavitar Singh <> wrote:
>> Dear Dr. Harpal Ji,
>> File an application under RTI and as for full details of this outstanding
>> amount. Name and complete address of the person, Account Number, Meter
>> Number, date of installation etc. as per BSES records on the one hand and
>> on the other submit reply along with affidavit that you are not related
>> with Mr Morya, the said flat as well as electricity connection at the
>> said
>> flat.
>> Regards
>> Pavitar Singh
>> Jalandhar
>> On Fri, Oct 9, 2015 at 12:51 PM, Harpal Singh Selhi <>
>> wrote:
>>> Dear All,
>>> My wife was allotted a LIG flat from DDA as first time allottee of a new
>>> development. We applied for new electricity connection and after few
>>> weeks
>>> we got to know that our application had been rejected as part of our
>>> address is mentioned in another bill which is pending for payment i.e.
>>> the
>>> address mentioned is Mr Morya, XX-C, LIG Flats, Jasola.
>>> Our flat address if XX-C, Second floor, Block-Y, Pocket Z, Jasola, New
>>> Delhi.
>>> This Mr Morya had nothing to do with out flat, we are original allottees
>>> but BSES Rajdhani has now directed us to furnish an affidavit that we
>>> shall
>>> pay this amount in case it remains unpaid.
>>> Please guide me how should we proceed. Can I seek information under RTI
>>> from BSES?
>>> Regards
>>> Harpal
>>> Dr Harpal Singh Selhi
>>> Professor
>>> Department of Orthopedic Surgery,
>>> DMC & Hospital, Ludhiana.
>>> Resi:
>>> 527-L, Model Town,
>>> Ludhiana-141002
>>> Punjab (INDIA)
>>> +91-9815022527
>>> Post: ""
>>> Exit: ""
>>> Quit: ""
>>> Help:
>>> WWW :
Post: ""
Exit: ""
Quit: ""

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.